Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Dream

Some dreams take time.
Decades, perhaps.
Sometimes we wait, hoping the opportunity will present itself.

And then, sometimes, you realize you need to make the opportunity show up.
I learned this over the past year. 
I also learned there is no time like now.
Sometimes now is the time to say, "It's time." Now is the time to start heading toward your dream. Now is the time to make a plan to make it happen. Now is the time to start pulling it toward you.



Like a bucket on the end of a string that you raise from a well.
A well of full.
A bucket of overflowing.




At some point
You have to get to the point
Where the time for saying "someday" is over.
Someday may never come knocking on your door calling, "It's time! I'm here!"
I've learned that Someday doesn't like stopping by without an invitation.
So when you do finally get around to inviting her (or him) over, have her in for tea - a sip of something warm - and some good conversation. Conversation that might go like this:

"I've always wanted to..."
"What have you been waiting for?"
"Well, umm, I've been waiting for you."
"What took you so long to ask me? Let's get started."

And you'll realize, like I did, that it was up to you all along.



And then, as things start to fall into place, you'll wonder if it's always been that easy. And before you know it, you will have no words to describe everything. Because it's almost impossible to describe how it feels when a dream comes true.

Where do you even start?
Do you start with how long you've had the dream? Or why? Or all the things that have led up to it coming true? Or how the last month (while you waited for the final product) passed like molasses?

No. You just smile really big and try not to jump out of your skin.

























My dream has been to publish.
And now I have.
I will no longer say, "Someday I will write a book," or "I've always wanted to..."
Now.
I AM a writer (FYI, having my own ISBN number is pretty much the ultimate high).
A published author.
Now and forevermore.

If you want a copy, please email me (backtothebay1@gmail.com). They're 14.95 + tax + however much it costs me to ship it to you. Around $20 total.



What's your dream?
Don't wait too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment