Friday, April 22, 2016

All You Need Is Love

Sometimes -

OK, all the time -

Over the past 3 years (next month)

I have pondered how amazing my life is.

I am still constantly amazed at how 

easy life is

when you find someone you fit with so perfectly.

Troubles don't seem so big,

Joys feel immense

and all that mundane, routine stuff

has a bit of a sparkle to it.

I never knew

before him

that life could be so

Comfortable.

Every bit of it.

I never knew that three years could feel like three days. 

I never knew things could just keep on getting more perfect.

I never knew that so much happiness could be hinged

On the simple reality of

Living every day with my best friend.

I say it to him almost daily,

but I still don't know the answer:

How did I get so lucky?

If I had known twenty years ago

That he was out there

And that we would meet

I would have waited.

And it would have been worth it. 

I can't believe this is my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment