Monday, August 20, 2012

♪Notes and Quotes

A surreal week for me. Trying to stay focused.

Monday:

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or stand as tall as you can, show it your teeth, and say, "Dish it up, Baby, and don't be stingy with the jalapenos.  ~Unknown

I do love me some jalapenos. 

And because that pretty much says it all, the song doesn't have to say anything.

Just sink into it, like I do, every time I listen.

Click here.  

Tuesday:

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. ~T.E. Laurence














About a year ago, for a few months, I listened to this song constantly. It was my reminder that I was not drowning, no matter how much I felt like I was. That if I would just lay back and relax, I would be fine. Then I put the song on the shelf. So high, in fact, that I forgot about it. I didn't need it any more. But ast month I pulled it down and blew the dust off. I've listened to it once a week or so since July. Not something I need anymore, because I'm holding myself up. But the occasional chair I pull up and sit down on. Just while I remember to breathe.

Wednesday:
We delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation. It is not out of compliment that lovers keep on telling one another how beautiful they are; the delight is incomplete till it is expressed. ~C.S. Lewis


There isn't just one thing of beauty in my life, but many.  Colorado and my children top my list. I'm sure you've got yours.

Thursday:
My new girl crush. And this song says it all.

Sometimes things don't go exactly the way you thought they would. That's ok. I can be like nature.

Friday:

And as for the song, it's as true today as it will be in a month or as it was a year ago. From my favorite musical...

No comments:

Post a Comment