Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Delighted - The Phone Call


There are times in life when I've been completely delighted by people I know. By the decisions they make or the kinds words they say or deeds they do. My children delight me constantly. At this time in the life of our family I find myself being delighted by my five year old trying to sound out words to a story and my nine year old be delighted himself by the beauty he notices around him.

And of course there are occasional stories of strangers I hear about that delight me, as I'm sure you do. But I want to share with you an experience I had last week where I was personally delighted by someone new. You may remember how I was not crazy about the brown panels and border I painted in my bedroom (if not, you can reread this post).

So I decided to email Kim Myles (read what I wrote about her here. Visit her blog here) and see if she would be willing to give me some advice, especially since it was one of her rooms I was trying to do something similar to.

And I was - yes - delighted. Not only did she take a look at the pictures of my room and offer some advice on my blog, but evidently decided it would be easier to just talk to me about it. So she called me. And she was delightful.

I won't go into every single detail here, but she did give me some advice that I am happily following - albeit slowly, in order to prevent injury, partly because I'm still nursing a shoulder dislocation injury that's giving me grief 6+ months later. The biggest things she said to do were to 1) make the border on the top of the walls bigger, and also add a border to the bottom, and 2) paint my ceiling. I have been wanting to paint my ceiling for probably about six months now. I guess I just needed a professional to push me off the edge.

So thanks for the push, Kim (and for waving your usual fee). :) I think maybe I'm going to switch to a first-name basis now. Is that ok?

*Image from DesignSponge

No comments:

Post a Comment